- The planet has not seen a below-average temperature month since Ronnie Raygun’s presidency
- In both extent and quantity (extent x thickness), Arctic ice has set records this year — for lowest in recorded history.
- Weather extremes are demonstrating climate disruption around the globe — floods, droughts, severe storms, changed rain patterns, …
- In 2012, the United States has been hit hard by a wide range of weather disasters (major heat waves, Derecho, drought, floods, wild fires) that cannot be singularly attributed to climate disruption but cannot be seen/understood outside the context of global warming.
- For the United States, 2012 will almost certainly be the hottest year in temperature record.
- The cost of climate disruption to the global community — in monetary, quality of life, and lives — is mounting. Consider, alone, the $10s of billions of economic cost to the United States through drought and heat damage-driven crop losses.
- Scientific forecasts of ever mounting risks from unchecked climate change becoming truly catastrophic climate chaos.
- Climate change (science and what to do about it) is one of the starkest differences between the two political parties, with a gaping ideological divide … and the ‘undecided” voter very aligned with the Democratic Party (and rejecting the Republican Party) in this arena.
Consider … the near silence amid the election campaign on climate change. Our present — and our future — i南京休闲会所论坛